Wednesday, September 17, 2008

so I don't forget...


I just felt the need to take some sleeping pictures tonight. I was looking through some baby pictures of Hadley last night and I realized I have a hard time remembering so much of her early months. Our family was WAY too busy: I had two part time jobs=more than a full time job, ministry life is always busy, the kids and I did A LOT of traveling to Lincoln while my dad was sick, none of these things I regret for what they have taught me, but I am so glad to be enjoying each minute now, much more relaxed. So, here is my baby now, and I don't want to forget this moment in time. She is growing up so fast and I don't want to forget what she looks like... sleeping like a baby. Here are some of the things I love about her: I love that she goes to sleep looking at books and she never leaves blankets on and she never wakes up in the night and she sleeps until almost 8:00 every day and she's so darn cute!

Here is my big kid sleeping. That is what he is... a big kid. How can that be? I love it that he loves to sleep with something "cuddly"- right now it is Rudolph that has super soft fur. He has always been so tactile going to sleep. When he took a paci, it was not just one, it would be at least one in each hand too! I love this picture because it shows him being quiet. He is such a talker. I mean, he never stops talking. Today was one of those days, when he went to bed, I just had to have quiet, not even a TV on, because I had heard so much talking. I think his favorite thing right now, is listening to stories (and asking lots of questions about them!). He loves to have anyone tell him stories, about their childhood, scar stories, famliy vacations, Zane stories (his 2 year old cousin that says some pretty hilarious things!), anything...and the longer the story, the better. Tonight, he talked to Grammy and Uncle Eric for 40 minutes on the phone, just wanting to hear stories. It has been fun, to hear many family members tell him stories, ones that you don't sit around and talk about anymore, but are intersting to hear again and are absolutely fascinating to a 4 year old. It makes me wish Drake could have asked my dad for all of his stories because they would have been fun conversations to listen to.

No comments: