Tuesday, May 1, 2012

20 months

Wow, I've been a real slacker on the blog.  Grady is talking more and more and has such a funny personality.   He's such a little ham with his dancing and prat falling.  He loves to make people laugh and has even started attempting his own knock knock jokes.  He seems to say more words every day, still a lot that only we understand, but I would guess he says at least 50 words now.  His hair is still what gets commented on the most.  It has gotten so curly and is especially curly in the humidity.  He's my solid little man, weighing in a little over 30lbs at his 18 month check-up.  He is a busy-body and loves to be outside kicking a ball, shooting a basket or mowing.  He also still loves the vacuum and general janitorial tools and tasks.  He's our future janitor (or at least a great husband!).  He definitely has an onry streak too and is at the "testing the limits" stage.  He is what you might call an "obvious" pooper, which in some ways is good, because I can usually tell when he is about to go.  So, lately I've been putting him on the potty when I can see it's coming and he loves the attention and applause he gets when he "produces" on the potty.  He is now getting used to sitting on the potty and will almost always go when I put him on it (usually before bath-time).  It almost makes me want to start potty training but he's still so young and since his speech isn't always intelligible by others I'm not sure if that's the best idea, but I do love that he loves to sit on the potty!  I can't believe he will be 2 in a few months, it is going by so fast!!  He is such a fun part of our family. 

No comments: