Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Celebration


This morning, I told Drake that we were going to go to Lincoln because today was the day that Papa died last year so we were going to go take Grammy out for lunch. He said, "So, you mean we're going to celebrate Papa with Grammy?" I said, yeah that's a great way to put it. Then, he said "Let's have coffee at Cracker Barrel because that's what Papa and I liked to do." That really made me smile because that is a perfect picture in my head. However, our plan kind of back fired because I thought we would make this a surprise to my mom and just show up. But it seems some of her friends had already made plans to take her out for the day so we missed her! So, instead we made a trip by the cemetery and then went and had a little play date with the Stuckeys. Drake did get to talk to Grammy on the phone this evening though and we found out that Kara and Bart made an honorary trip to the donut shop today in memory. I'm so glad my dad liked to eat fun things!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Dad definitely taught us that! When we got to the donut shop, Zane said "and we're gonna have coffee, too?" He is like his Papa!