Monday, March 16, 2009

Parenting



Gabe and I have been taking a parenting class at church for the last 10 weeks on Sunday nights. We have one more class next week before it finishes up. It has been great. While, we have already practiced a lot of the basic principles, it has been nice to get a little "rejuvinated" on the ideas, concepts and practices of parenting. I think the hardest part of parenting is consistency. While some days, I will fight to the end over something, some days I don't want to, I just want to take the easy way out and give in. This class has been a great reminder to me though, that nothing will be easy, you can "credit card parent" but that means if you don't pay now, you'll pay later- with interest. So, I choose to pay now, as hard as it can be some days. Hopefully, one day, a long time from now, my kids will be grateful that I didn't give them choices and freedoms before they were ready for them. And they WILL be grateful that they got in trouble for things their friends might not get in trouble for... right?






**I brought back some old school photos, these were both from 2007**

No comments: