Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Big Day



The day started early with hair appointments for all the ladies, followed by make-up, pictures, eating and then the big ceremony! I won't mention that someone forgot to take her brother's ring to the stage, uhem, and then her sister bailed her out and handed her the ring during the ceremony. (thanks for covering my rear, Kara!) Other than that little glitch, the day was beautiful! The weather was perfect, the couple was lovely, the kids were well-behaved, and the laughter was plenty. What more could you ask for?! It made me get a little sentimental and feel a little sappy that Gabe and I are coming up on 8 years of marriage. Wow, I can't believe it and yet, since we started dating nearly 13 years ago, it is hard to remember our lives not together. I sure do love him more each year and am so thankful for our life together. ( A big thanks to Nana and Papa for helping out with the kids Friday night and Saturday morning too so that we could take part in all of the pre-wedding festivities while the kids got to have a fun time too!)







No comments: