Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fun Times



Here is an update on some more of the fun things we have been doing here in the big city. We ventured out to Knight's Action Park. Drake absolutely loved it- and asks everyday if we can go back again. When they're a little older we might look into a summer pass, but for now we'll just go when Gabe can go with me because the kids are too little for me to feel safe keeping an eye on both of them. Hadley loves the water and has no fear of it either. She would just lay out in the water. If they made baby snorkels, we'd be set.

The kids and I also ventured out one beautiful, 82*, August day this week to the Henson Robinson Zoo in town. We had a great time seeing all of the animals, feeding a few of them, and playing on the playground at the zoo. It's just about the perfect size for the kids. So after a pleasant couple of hours of walking, playing, listening to Hadley try to make all of the animal noises, we headed home for some nice, peaceful naps. (By the way, Hadley now makes the sounds of a duck, cow, sheep, goat, horse, cat, and dog and calls her big brother- Draker!)



So far, this staying home stuff has been really fun. A few outings here and there, a lot of playing outside and yes, believe it or not, I've been cooking dinner every night. I know, for those of you who know me well, this might be a shock. It actually has been somewhat fun. Actually, a lot of nights it's easier than trying to take two kids out to a restaurant.

We also enjoyed a nice visit from Grammy this week. She and I were able to get several things done for my new business venture, Uppercase Living, since I got my starter kit this week. Drake got to take a trip to the state fair with Papa Ken on his day off this week and that let us girls have a day to go shopping, unpack a few more boxes and do some fun crafty projects.

No comments: