Thursday, August 21, 2008

Potato Heads to the rescue!

Well, today is one of those bleak days when you just can't go outside to play because it just keeps raining. So, we found some potato heads to entertain us. Our family room in the basement is finally ready to use! The carpet was laid on Tuesday so we got the toys moved in there now, the couches set up and I absolutely love it! It's such a cozy room and I can see we will spend a lot of time down there. Today was one of those family room days since we couldn't make it outside to play. So, Drake and I were having a competition to see who could make the funniest potato head. Hadley didn't quite get the whole concept but she sure diligently tried to get those pieces to stick in holes.



This being at home stuff is getting really fun. I thought by this point, three weeks into being at home full time, I might be going a little crazy, but surprisingly, I'm not. Well, no crazier than usual, I mean. I'm really enjoying being at home with the kids, getting to play potato heads and games and have pillow fights. Now, of course there are those moments where everyone's crying at once and I think, okay, it's time for a little time away, but for the most part, I love it. Drake will start preschool in a couple of weeks and he'll be gone three mornings a week. I think it will be great for him and it will be nice to have a little one-on-one time with Hadley too. I can't believe next year at this time he will be starting Kindergarten. That doesn't seem possible. My baby's growing up so fast! It does make me enjoy being home even more, knowing in one short year there will be no more playing potato heads before naps, taking early afternoon walks, sleeping in and cuddling up on the couch on rainy mornings. So, for now, here's to lazy, rainy days!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Sleeping in? Can Drake teach Zane how to do that? Oh, and Drake needs to potty-train him, too. =)

See you in a few weeks!