Wednesday, March 24, 2010

16 weeks

Well, I went in for my 16 week appointment today. It was fairly uneventful. Just a quick heartrate and tummy check, a bloodraw, and we were out of there. The heartrate was a little slower than the last few times, it was 140 bpm. To date, I have only gained 2 lbs! I've been feeling a few sporadic "flutters" for a few weeks, but nothing as definite as a kick, until last night. I'm 95% sure, I felt a big ol' kick, of course, after it happened once, do you think I could make him/her do it again, of course not. Hoping for more regular kicks soon, I think that is probably my favorite part of pregnancy, feeling that little person moving around and Gabe getting to feel it too. At my next appointment, on April 26th, we get the "big" sonogram where they will check all the anatomy measurements and where they could tell gender, but we're going to wait it out for the big surprise in September (or late August would be great, are you listening baby?).


The 16 week baby bump.
Photo courtesy of his/her big brother.

No comments: