Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Trip Avoided

From the sounds of the phone call I got from Gabe tonight, I thought for sure we were about to make ER trip #3 with Drake, but we were able to avoid it tonight! Gabe walked the kids down to the park tonight to play in this gorgeous spring weather while I tried to catch up on some laundry at the house. About 45 minutes into them being gone, my phone rings and it's Gabe asking for me to come and pick them up because Drake had fallen and was bleeding from the back of his head (all the while I hear top-of-the-lungs screaming from Drake in the background). The problem with driving to the park is that it takes about 7 minutes to drive there when you can walk there a lot faster because it is located in the subdivision right behind us and you have to get through about 5 stoplights to get to it by a car. So, when I get there, Drake was curled up (and calm) on Gabe's lap with a bag of ice that a neighbor had brought over for them. His shirt was soaked down the back with blood and because of the blood in his hair, I couldn't tell how bad the cut was. So, we threw everybody in the car and headed home for the bath. After we got Drake cleaned up we realized the cut was not as bad as it looked at first. There is a pretty good goose egg and it is scraped up, but nothing deep. Thankfully, Drake handled the cleaning up process very well and wasn't even in too much pain but the time he got in bed! Whew, hope we don't have another one of these nights any time soon!



No comments: