Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dentist

Today, Drake had his first dentist appointment. I think I was dreading it as much as he was. I was fully prepared for a meltdown at the office when something didn't feel good or taste right or he just didn't want to cooperate. We had been prepping for it all week, talking about what they would do, where he would sit, etc... This morning started with, "Is today my dentist appointment?" "yes" "But, I really don't want to go the dentist!" So, I decided this was the perfect time for bribery, I mean a reward. I had bought some clearance movies a few months ago to have on hand for such a time as this! So, I showed him the movie he would get to keep if we could make it through the whole appointment without whining, crying and fit throwing. I advised him that I could return the movie to the store if he decided not to cooperate. Well, all this talk and hype proved to be more of an ordeal than the actual appointment. Drake did amazing! He just hopped up in the chair like an old pro. Opened his mouth, kept it open, and did not even gag! He sat perfectly still while she counted all 20 teeth, cleaned them with her special polisher and he even got to pick strawberry flavored "toothpaste" for her to use. He cooperated beautifully and even came home with an A+ grade on his teeth!

1 comment:

Kara said...

So can you get him to talk to Zane about this pleasant dentist appointment thing?