Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sometimes, I shouldn't ask...

Sometimes I think it would be better not to know what goes on while Gabe is home alone with the kids... Last night, I had an Uppercase Living show in town so was gone for a couple of hours. The kids were finishing up supper and heading to the bath when I left. They were tucked snugly in bed by the time I got home and Gabe was nonchalantly telling me about their evening and says "Oh, I almost forgot to tell you the funniest thing..." and he went and brought me the camera. This is what he showed me:









Then, he proceeds to tell me the "funny" story. Gabe and Drake were in the living room playing a game and Gabe realized he hadn't heard Hadley in awhile, so he asked Drake to go check on her. Drake yelled to Gabe from the bathroom, "Dad, Hadley's getting her sleeves all wet!" So, Gabe gets to the bathroom just as Hadley has completely fallen into the tub and gets her jammies soaked! Now, the mom in me was trying not to freak out on him. First of all, why was there still water in the tub? What would have happened if he had not heard her playing in there and she fell in and cracked her head? Thankfully, all was well and after a good drying everyone felt better and hopefully, this was enough of a scare that he has learned his lesson.

No comments: