Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stolen Creativity



I'm pretty good at stealing others' creative ideas. Here are some pictures of one idea... I'm not a big "playing in the snow" kind of girl. I don't like being cold. Plus, we don't have any snow right now and it's too cold to play outside, so we brought some snow in. Not real snow, but shaving cream. The kids had blast and we ended the activity with baths so it didn't matter how messy they got, plus shaving cream wipes off of leather chairs and tables very easily. It was fun!

Some other stolen ideas I've used lately:
* Print off BINGO game for the grocery store from Parents.com and Drake sat happily in the cart searching for all the BINGO items while I shopped.
*We also made Cheerio necklaces before we went to the store and Drake and Hadley both had a snack while we were shopping, and it was fun to eat it off their necklace! (I bought fruit loops to use next time, so we can also work on patterning and colors, plus fruit loops are a treat!)
*A good energy burner is a big ball and the kids do a great job sharing, I will sit on the couch and have one of them sit-bounce on the ball while I hold onto them for support. They have to take turns and they will do this for a long time!

No comments: