Saturday, April 18, 2009

Another week down...

Well, I'm glad this week is over. It was a rough one around here. Drake had a tough week but today seemed much better, so hopefully whatever phase we were going through this week has passed. To highlight a few positives from the week...

Here is Hadley learning to "drive" while we were watching Drake's baseball practice from the warmth of the van.




Here is Drake riding with NO training wheels!! Weeks ago, Drake decided he wanted the training wheels off of his bike, however was very frustrated that he couldn't just get on and ride it. So, most practice sessions didn't last long because he couldn't understand why he couldn't just do it. His bike has been sitting, un-ridden for the last couple of weeks because he didn't want to try since he didn't know how. Well, Friday morning he told me that he had a dream that he could ride his bike without training wheels, so he wanted to go try it again. I said he could practice in the driveway. I was standing inside the house watching out the front door and to my amazement, he did it! So then, of course, Gabe and I both ran outside to see how he just figured it out on his own. Apparently it just clicked! He got to the point after an hour or so that he can ride down the driveway, and down the sidewalk about two houses down without stopping. He is so proud of himself! I'm hoping tonight he dreams about how he will never throw a fit again, and maybe just maybe it will come true too! :)

1 comment:

Jason said...

I love that he called me to tell me all about riding with no training wheels. It was the highlight of my day...